Our Green Building
- Electronic equipment to reduce water consumption
- Energy-efficient lighting and mercury-free fixtures
- Steam heating system, use of environmentally-friendly natural gas and off-peak electricity
- High-efficiency chilled water compressor, HCFC-123 chillers and use of natural cooling
- Individual automation controls in each room for lighting, heating, ventilation and air quality
- Preventive maintenance program
- Smoke-free environment
- Control of cleaning products that can affect air quality
- CO2 sensor-controlled, variable outside air intakeMaximization of natural light in pre-function areas
- Ventilation systems equipped with high-efficiency air filters, providing up to 12 air changes per hour in the meeting rooms, as well as temperature, humidity and CO2 sensors specific to each room
Our Eco-Friendly Certifications
- LEED® Canada-CI (commercial interiors), Gold Level
- LEED-BE (existing building) from the U.S. Green Building Council, Silver Level
- BOMA BEST, Level 3
In june 2023, the Québec City Convention Centre welcomes Québec RE3, an international conference on ecosystem restoration.
Québec City Convention Centre won the Platinum category of the GHG Target Achievement Award, a significant distinction.
Eco-friendly events are a priority and our turnkey program for the organization of eco-friendly events was launched 15 years ago.