Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Société du Centre des congrès de Québec (SCCQ), which runs the Québec City Convention Centre and is responsible for this website.
Scope of the Policy
We therefore invite you to read the privacy policies that apply to the websites you visit.
Data Shared Automatically
When you access this site, your computer and our server automatically share data. This sharing is necessary for the server to send you a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The following data is shared:
- The name of your Internet service provider
- Your IP address
- Your browser (e.g., Firefox or Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS)
- Pages you visit
- Dates and times you visit these pages
- Address of the referring site if you access our site from another website
Most of the information automatically transmitted between computers does not reveal your identity. It is collected only because of the technological requirements of Internet browsin
Cookies are used to make it easier to browse the pages of this website. They do not collect any personal information about you.
If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with other users, be sure to erase your browsing history at the end of each session.
Use of Web Audience Measurement Tools
The collected information includes:
- Pages you visit.
- Dates, times, duration, and frequency of your visits.
- Links you click.
- The type of operating system on your computer, the language of your computer, the name of your Internet service provider, and your geographic location (region).
- Your IP address is also collected, but it is anonymized (truncated) to ensure the confidentiality of your information. The IP address is made anonymous to prevent it from revealing the Internet user’s identity.
These audience measurement tools use the information collected to produce statistics and reports on browsing of this website, which allows SCCQ to improve and optimize visitors’ online experience.
If you wish, follow the steps below to prevent information on your browsing of our website from being collected:
You can also consult the Electronic Frontier Foundation for more information.
Social Media and Online Advertising
SCCQ may share information about its services with social media and advertising agencies. Browsing information may be used to match online communications to your habits.
Forms and Online Payment
SCCQ provides the following forms and tools on the Convention Centre website:
- Request for proposal form
- General contact form
- Form for sending your résumé for a position or spontaneous application
- Purchase orders for exhibitor services and online payment
- Subscription form for electronic communications
To complete these forms and use the tools, you must submit certain information, including your first and last name and your contact information. This information will be stored according to SCCQ’s classification plan.
SCCQ works with an external provider to collect your payment information.
SCCQ allows visitors to sign up for electronic communications. Behavioural data is collected and may be used for statistical purposes and to provide more targeted electronic communications.
Person Responsible for Access to Documents and Protection of Personal Information
The person responsible for the application of the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information is, in this capacity, also responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.
The information collected is handled in accordance with the Loi sur l’accès aux documents des organismes publics et sur la protection des renseignements personnels
You can find their contact information on the Access to information page.
Update on April 14, 2023.