COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
Published on March 11, 2020. Last updated on March 24, 2020.
Following the announcement of the Government of Québec on March 12, 2020, any event scheduled at the Québec City Convention Centre until 1st May is canceled until further notice. We follow the Government’s guidelines as our priority is the safety of citizens. Thank you for your understanding.
The Québec City Convention Centre reminds you that Canada, and specifically Québec City, is a safe destination for travellers and gatherings.
As of today, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 for Canada as low.
In cooperation with our partners in the Canadian convention industry, we are closely monitoring developments related to COVID-19. We are also following all guidance from provincial and Canadian public health authorities.
Because the health and safety of our clients and teams are a top priority for us, we always implement prevention measures that exceed industry standards. In response to concerns about coronavirus, we have added measures to our daily processes to control possible transmission.
What prevention measures have you implemented?
At the Québec City Convention Centre, we remain vigilant at all times. Our teams are highly trained and qualified to implement all the procedures outlined in our Infectious Case Prevention Action Plan. Clients and visitors can obtain comprehensive emergency medical assistance if needed. Our security agents are trained as first responders, and we have an infirmary and all the equipment required for emergency response.
Additional precautions we have put in place:
- More frequent air change in meeting rooms to ensure a healthy environment
- Increased reminders to wash hands in washrooms and elsewhere
- More frequent cleaning of washrooms and public rooms and spaces by our expert housekeeping team
- Addition of hand-sanitizer gel dispensers in strategic locations for use by clients and visitors
What about preventive measures for food services?
Our exclusive caterer, Capital HRS, takes food safety very seriously. It applies ministry of agriculture (MAPAQ) rules strictly and hires inspection firms several times a year to ensure that its facilities meet the highest food standards. All Capital HRS staff and managers and the majority of its food handlers have completed Steritech food hygiene and safety training. An effective prevention and monitoring system is also in place to avoid any risk of food contamination.
Additional prevention measures in place in our food services:
- Increased awareness of kitchen and serving staff
- Special training for kitchen and dishwashing staff
- Reconfiguration of buffets to avoid contamination
- Buffet service provided by staff, not self-service
What can I do to create a healthy environment for others?
We urge visitors to the Québec City Convention Centre to follow these hygiene rules:
- Wash your hands frequently with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
Where can I find more information?
If you suspect you may have COVID-19 or want more information about the disease, you can call 1-877-644-4545 as of March 9, 2020. In the meantime, you can call Info-Santé 811 at any time.
Read the Convention Centre’s press release on its preventive measures.